Backend Software Engineer
Meep is looking for talented and passionate engineers to join the team in Mexico City, working remotely. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with a platform or technology that you don’t know and are always eager to learn something new. The challenge is big but you are someone who loves challenges and doing something meaningful matters to you.
If you are eager to learn and you are committed to improving the way we move around cities, we are waiting for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Join the Meep Developer team on a mission of constantly improving the platform
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Participate in the team’s life and contribute to decision-making
What we are looking for in our future team member
- Computer Science or similar degree
- 4+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Proactive personality
- True passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
- Strong Java skills
- Deep knowledge of:
- Spring Framework & Spring Cloud Netflix
- Microservice architectures using Docker
- Cloud environments (AWS desirable)
- SQL & NoSQL ddbb
- Will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks
- Solid refactoring skills
- The urge to write unit-tests
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Vivid interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, algorithms, optimization,automation, etc.)
About the Meep experience…
- Attractive compensation and flexible working environment
- Performance bonuses
- Annual budget for continuing education
- Remote social events
- An international environment with dynamic and passionate coworkers
- And finally… the opportunity to change not only how people move through cities, but also cities themselves!
Are you ready to become a Meeper?